Jun 1, 2015

Google Voice Won’t Verify Phone Number

I got an email from Google that I had to verify my home phone number to continue allowing phone calls to be forwarded to that number. I dutifully followed the instructions . I went to the indicated link and selected the phone number and clicked on the verify number link. A dialog box appeared with a two digit code and a connect button. I would click the connect button and nothing would happen. My phone would never ring.

image After a few attempts it finally occurred to me that perhaps my Nomorobo service was automatically blocking the Google calls. It’s a wonderful service and easy to forget it’s there once your phone has stopped ringing constantly for a few months. I use Ooma, so for others that do, log into my.ooma.com, and follow the size steps shown in the image.  Just to be safe I turned off all the blacklist features, saved, verified the phone number and then turned all the features back on.

CookUpAFeast

Get cooking with Qt! The trilogy of courses on the Qt framework is complete. Check out the latest course: Integrating Qt  Quick with C++

About Me

My photo
Tod Gentille (@todgentille) is now a Curriculum Director for Pluralsight. He's been programming professionally since well before you were born and was a software consultant for most of his career. He's also a father, husband, drummer, and windsurfer. He wants to be a guitar player but he just hasn't got the chops for it.